Saturday, December 21, 2013

9w1d A Mountain of Gifts and a Mountain of Days to Go!

Today I wrapped a mountain of gifts.  I love wrapping gifts, tying ribbon, fluffing tissue...trust me its pretty close to as crafty as I get.  I kept thinking that if all goes well, it may be years before I can wrap to my perfectionist's heart's content.  Instead everyone will get last years gift bags, wrinkled or not, Christmassy or not, because friends we are going to be in budget lock down, and there is no way that two five month olds are going to let me wrap presents for hours on end. Yeah, no that ship has definitely sailed.

Only 9 more wake ups until my next ob appointment.  To say I am counting the days would be a gross understatement.  I misspoke in the post where I claimed this two week wait would be hard...because this is an 18 day wait...which is way longer that your usual TWW.  Also, this morning sickness makes the days drag on, everyday they feel longer.  By the 30th I should be 10w2d pregnant. I am praying that both babies measure on target and that both heartbeats are strong.  I am trying to do everything right, take my crohn's meds, keep my vitamins down, eat protein, drink water, etc.  Not all of these things are occurring though, not with the constant competing nausea, and with the going to bed really early.  There just isn't enough time in the day to be perfect with everything.  So I am trying not to think about any guilt equation if things are iffy on the 30th.

I also have to remember the three great ultrasounds we've already had.  There is no evidence of anything going wrong.  I just can't help preparing a little.  All the while though, that quiet constant peace is still way down there helping me rest.

And in the meantime, we have Christmasness to get through.  And, by the Grace of God, I have two weeks off to puke in private, and really rest. I do have a special project to work on that will bring in some unexpected money...it's just the kind of challenge I like to dive into.  Maybe it will be enough to distract me?

I'm looking forward to the family time, and some time with my sweet hubby.  Although, here's hoping he's better during labor than he is during the puke party.  Poor guy doesn't know how to help, he keeps trying to talk to me during, like I can answer!!!  I told him the best thing he can do for me is clean the throne for me and not make me wait for meals.  He's been doing most of the cooking because this girl is going nowhere near raw meat!  He's working on it.  I love that man.

No comments:

Post a Comment