Monday, December 16, 2013

8w2d Preggo Meet my Cool Pal "Bessie"

This girl is so sick.  I have now become a veteran at puking in public places. It's a new flavor of awesome.  I'm even thankful for this nauseous adventure.  I'd be worried if it was otherwise during this latest two week wait.  I am thankful for this data, for this proof, for this evidence of these babies.  

So, I'm doing my job to avoid the nausea, and keep my head out of random garbage cans, I am eating the freaking world.  I carry a giant cooler with me full of things I think I can stomach.  I can be found shoving the contents of said cooler in my mouth at any given moment throughout the day.  I met with more than one of my bosses today and in between semi-intelligent utterances, I shoved cheese and crackers, dried mango, and an uncrustable (yes, I am craving processed pb&j) in my mouth instead of breathing.  It was completely out of control.

I hear that there might be some "twenty pound by 20 weeks" rule with twins.  So far I've only gained a pound with 8 weeks behind me.  With my Crohn's I'm guessing I might have trouble meeting this benchmark.  My answer to that, a constant companion cooler. That thing is spending more time with me than anyone else in my life, except for my bundles!  Maybe I should give it a name?  How about "Bessie" since it's main purpose is to transform me right out of my size 6...which I may never see again! Feeding these babies is my most important job.  I don't care what it costs me in the long run.  There's always the gym.  Besides, with two babies, I may never sit on my couch again!  Which, by the way, is exactly what I've been waiting for!

Meet "Bessie"

No comments:

Post a Comment