Wednesday, December 11, 2013

7w4d Preggo...RE Graduation Day

Today we had another great ultrasound.  We are ready to tell our closest friends and family, and you that, by the abundant grace of God, we are expecting a double blessing in July of 2014.

We heard both heartbeats again! They got faster as they should.  They both measured 6w1d at the first ultrasound and Baby A had a heart rate of 120 beats per minute.  Baby B was just 9 beats behind at 111.  These were VERY strong heart rates for little ones so young.  10 days later, today, 12/11/13, Baby A measured 7w4d and had a heart rate of 150 BPM.  Baby B measured 7w1d and also had a heart rate of 150 BPM.  The normal range is 120-160 BPM....so we are right on track.  Very very healthy.  We are thrilled, and thankful, and humbled by all the love and prayers.  There couldn't be more prayed for babies after 10 years of hoping and praying and yearning.

We have graduated to "regular pregnant people" land.  The RE's office will still follow us with the meds until 12 weeks....Jan. 11th.  They will start to wean us off of them in a few weeks, and will do blood work once a week until then.  It's time to try a new adventure of the regular OB.  Not sure I'm going to like that much.

I am back to that feeling of peace.  Now, with all this wonderful info, I feel I can embrace this peace that is a gift from God.  I am feeling less fear, and more certainty everyday.  I am feeling that these are finally my babies.  I am more and more certain that these are the little ones that I will get to hold.  These are the faces that will look back at me that first moment they are placed on my chest.  These are the hands I will hold on the first day of school.  These are the hearts I will teach and nurture.  These are the faces that I will help to turn toward the Son.

To my sisters out there who are waiting, hoping, praying, and yearning.  I know what it can feel like to read news like this.  I know that there is no way to avoid the deep reaction that would happen to me every time I heard of someone else getting what I so deeply wanted.  I can remember it feeling different when it was someone who had struggled, someone who knew what loss felt like, and/or who had walked along side me loving me every step of the way.  Know the love and the prayer that I have for each and every one of you.  After ten years of building a prison for myself, the door is finally unlocked and gently opening up for me.  It will open up for you too.  To what (or who, or how) exactly, only God knows...but I promise you that prison will not be there forever.  Keep believing, and hoping, and opening your eyes to whatever God has for you next, and maybe that prison will turn into a beautiful carousel, with colorful horses, that sometimes spins a little too fast, where almost nobody is sleeping, and where you smile so big for so long that your cheeks ache, and your hair always looks like a windblown mess, and everybody is too tired to care!

These babies are miracles, and I know that my loved ones in heaven are fighting for them right alongside us.  My grandfathers, Jake and James, my dear Dreama (I'm sure she's already made her presence known in heaven!), Eileen Scholl, Carol Throm are all up there guarding these babies.  I am so thankful to my Jesus for the gifts of each of their lives and for their love and prayers all these years.  I am so thankful to my Jesus for His great love, and for teaching me who He is along this journey.  These babies already belong to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment